Absurdly Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
Not only is this recipe easy, it also happens to be vegan (no animal products used). Originally a Grange recipe from the depression era. Eggs in short supply, y'know.
Thanks to Daniel S. for the metric equivalents.
* 3 cups flour (680 grams)
* 2 cups sugar (450 grams) (read this first)
* 6 tablespoons cocoa (100 grams)
* 2 teaspoons baking soda (10 cc's = 10 ml)
* 1 teaspoon salt (5 cc's = 5 ml)
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil (200 cc's)
* 2 tablespoon vinegar (30 cc's)
* 2 teaspoon vanilla (10 cc's)
* 2 cup cold water (480 cc's)
Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth. Bake two greased, floured pans at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes two layers of a two-layer 9-inch or 8-inch round cake, or one small sheet cake. When cool, frost it.
I have never made a cake and I didn't flour the pan, tried to take it out of the pan without cooling and I don't think I left it in long enough.
It fell to pieces!
I made another one today that turned out perfect but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas with what to do with the "ruined" cake?
It tastes awesome. I kept shoving chunks in my mouth while I'm working on the other one but I'm wondering if there's some other recipe I could incorporate the pieces of the first cake in?