- how much cake to make to feed 15-20 people
- how to convert a recipe from a smaller to a larger - can I just double it? or are there other baking science-y things to consider? I generally bake on instinct, which works out for me about 80% of the time, but I want to cover all my bases
- and a basic question I should just learn: converting from grams to cups
330 mL flour
240 mL sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp lemon peel
1 Tbsp lemon juice
120 mL vegetable oil
240 mL cold water
360 mL icing sugar
120 mL earth balance
2 Tbsp lemon juice
180 mL icing sugar
Few Tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon peel in bowl.
2. Add vegetable oil, lemon juice, followed by cold water.
3. Beat with whisk or electric mixer.
4. Pour into two round baking trays for about 20 minutes at 400F
5. Sandwich the cakes with Buttercreme Frosting and glaze the Icing over the top
I'm not super concerned with the recipe aspect of it, and I have some ideas of my own for the frosting, just how would you convert the cake-y part? I was thinking that for 15-20 people I could make two sheet cakes and layer them. Thoughts? Thanks!!