1 cup brown rice
1/4 cup black rice
1/4 cup millet
1/4 cup pearl barley
1 jewel yam (they work better than garnet yams)
1 bag of mixed frozen veggies
1. Wash the rice, millet, and barley until the water runs clear. Place in rice cooker.
2. Wash and chop jewel yam into chunks. Layer on top of rice. There is no need to mix.
3. Add water until it barely covers all the contents.
4. Cook in rice cooker until done.
5. Heat a non-stick pot and add a bit of oil. Add the frozen veggies and stir-fry. Add salt to taste.
6. Add the rice and stir.
Tip: Keep the rice cooker away from walls. Black rice stains and it's a pain to clean if it splatters.
Recipe and images from: theveganabc.blogspot.com/2009/10/from-co