Here's the original recipe.
Oaty Banana Blueberry Pancakes
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1-2 tablespoon maple or coconut sugar
2 tablespoon ground sprouted flax, chia seeds
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Mix the oats, spelt flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in one bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and allow to sit for a moment while you heat a skillet.
3. When the pan is hot, add your coconut oil.
4. Stir your pancake batter (add more water if necessary).
5. Pour a small amount of batter (about 3 inch in diameter) in the pan – you may be able to fit 2-3 circles in one pan.
6. Cook until bottom is brown and all sides are completely dry.
7. Serve with coconut flakes, fresh fruit, almond butter, apple butter or all natural fruit preserve. ENJOY!
I modified a few things for mine (cut the recipe in half, since I usually just make this for myself). I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of spelt, organic sugar instead of maple sugar. The taste is amazing...heck, the batter is so good it almost didn't make the pan the last time I made them. lol But when the finished product makes it to the plate, I slather it with some agave nectar/maple syrup. Whatever I have on hand. I tend to leave out the banana though. I felt full enough with the pancake itself. *sigh* Thinking about it makes me appreciate the weekend so much more then I already do. Thought I'd share if anyone wanted a way to perk up their morning pancakes.