Lemony Chickpea & Tofu Stirfry
Step one: Tofu marinade:
1 package of extra firm tofu (16 oz, usually)
lemon juice (about 2-3tbs… I eyeball it)
olive oil (about 2tbs)
3 cloves of garlic
1. Cut the tofu into relatively thin slices and drain.
2. Mince the garlic and cut the lemon in half and then into thin slices.
3. In a ziploc bag, mix together the garlic, lemon slices & juice, oil and spices.
4. Cut the drained tofu into small squares and add to the marinade. Let sit in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Step two: How to make the stirfry:
3 green onions (or 1 small onion)
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
1 cup chopped cabbage
2 small zucchinis, chopped
Tofu & marinade from above recipe
1. Heat oil and salt in a pan. Add the tofu (setting the marinade aside and tossing out the lemon slices) and chickpeas. Saute until the chickpeas are deeply golden and crispy, and the tofu is well-cooked and brown (it’ll take a while).
2. Add the chopped green onions and sauté for about 2 minutes before adding the cabbage. Cook for about another 2 minutes.
3. Remove everything from the pan onto a large plate and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add more oil and the zucchini. Saute until it starts to take on a bit of color, around two or three minutes.
5. Add the chickpea mixture along with the lemon marinade that was set aside and sauté for a few minutes more. Add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice to taste.
6. Nom it.