* Vinegar and foods containing vinegar, such as salad dressing, catsup, and pickles
* Sour cream, sour milk, and buttermilk
* Meat or fish more than 24 hours old
* Breads and other food made with yeast
* Pickled and smoked meats and fish
* Dried fruits such as dates, prunes, figs, and raisins
* Soy sauce
* Hot dogs, sausages
* Canned juices
vegan cheese and yogurt are out because they have vegan cultures in them.
ETA: i should have said this in the first place. i'm not vegan. or at least i wasn't before but because of this list my entire diet is being turned upside down. i'm at a loss here. i never really did any vegan cooking. is there a good starting point? recommended cookbooks?
so any ideas would be awesome!!!