Edamames! Easy and simple to make snack food!
-1 bag of frozen Edamame (with shells intact)
-3-4 pieces of dried Chinese Star Anises
1. Fill a pot halfway with water. Make sure that the amount of water you use will be able to cover the entire bag of edamame. Add the star anises and bring to boil./
2. Add edamame. Bring to boil again.
3. Mix salt and pepper in a separate small bowl. The ratio is up to your taste.
(I used about 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. I'm not particularly concerned with my sodium intake, which is terrible, I know...but no one eats the shells anyways!)
4. Drain the edamames by using a colander or a strainer. Let cool.
5. Mix the salt/pepper mixture with the Edamame.
6. Discard the anises or use them as decorations, and serve!
Full post: here.