What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup of raw cashews
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- 16 oz of vegan chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, but if you don't like bitter chocolate, I suggest semi-sweet! I also skimped and used 12oz by not using the entire cashew mix. )
- cocoa powder
- a blender or food processor
- a double boiler (I just used two same sized pots stacked on top of one another.)
1. Blend the cashews and cold water on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
2. Scrape down the chunks from the side and blend again until the mixture has the consistency of heavy cream.
3. Heat the chocolate in the double boiler until it's melted. (Make sure not to get any water or steam in the chocolate or it will seize.) Let cool until workable and slowly fold in the cashew cream.
4. Allow to set and cool in the fridge for about 1.5 hours.
5. Make small spheres by using a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon or a melon scooper. Place on wax paper.
6. Roll in cocoa powder or a topping of your choice. Store in the refrigerator.
Original post and more pictures here.