• ½ medium onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 30g/1oz margarine
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 85g/3oz long grain rice (basmati)
• 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
• 290ml/½ pint vegetable stock, or 'chicken style if you prefer.
• small bunch coriander, chopped
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tbsp olive oil
Saute the garlic and onion the margarine, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the cumin, rice, tomatoes and stock and cook for about 10 minutes until the rice is cooked. Stir in the coriander and sere with croutons and a side salad.