- 1 package enoki mushrooms, cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 4-5 average potatoes, cut into small cubes
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- About 10 or more yellow beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Firm tofu, about ½ package, cut into small cubes
- 3-4 tbsp grapeseed oil or cold pressed olive oil
- ½ tsp dry rosemary
- Nori sheets (optional)
- About 8 cups water or less (depends on the size of the saucepan, but should generously cover all ingredients)
In a large pot start sauteing the onion in oil.
Mix in celery and tofu and keep sauteing for another 2 minutes. Add potatoes, beans and water.
Bring to boil, and then simmer at medium low setting for about 15 minutes. Add salt, red pepper flakes, rosemary, enoki mushrooms, bring to boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Once ready, I usually slightly mash potatoes right in the soup, that makes it thicker, but it’s optional. Decorate with some chopped parsley. I also like adding small pieces of nori into my bowl; they absorb the hot water and taste great as part of any mushroom based soup!