here is my version:
1 pkg silken tofu
6 tbl soy margarine (try earthbalance)
4 tbl nutritional yeast
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp each basil, parsley, oregano (i used dried, but fresh would be even better)
1/2 a small sweet onion
3 cloves garlic
frozen chopped spinach
1. begin boiling a pot of water
2. saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil and a little earthbalance. (the margarine adds more flavor, and the olive oil keeps it from burning)
3. add tofu, margarine, yeast, spices, and the onion garlic mixture to blender, blend while streaming in soymilk to thin it out. it is your choice how much you use, but remember, if you make it to thin the sauce will have a hard time sticking to the noodles.
4. heat sauce in large pan
5. heat spinach and drain ALL water. add to the sauce. (watery spinach equals watery sauce. yuck)
6. add fettuccine to your boiling water. i usually season my pasta water first with a tablespoon of salt and a bit of olive oil.
when the noodles are cooked, pour sauce over top and yum!
this will make enough sauce for one pound of noodles (which feeds about 4 people).