I made some chocolate praline's to bring to my friend's creole dinner party on friday. damnation, they were good.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons westbrae unsweetened chocolate soymilk
1/2 stick margarine or 1/8 tub Earth Balance
1/4 cup better than soymilk powder
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put everything except for the vanilla and pecans in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and stir to mix.
- Whisk constantly and bring to a boil.
- When the mix reaches 239F with a candy thermometer, remove from heat.
- Continue whisking for about ten minutes. Pretty suddenly the mixture will begin to thicken and become cloudy.
- Immediately stir in the chopped pecans and the vanilla and drop onto a VERY well greased cookie sheet or waxed paper by the tablespoon.
- Allow to set until firm (about 20 minutes).