2 cups flour (can be any combination - I've used wholewheat; wholewheat and barley; wholewheat and unbleached; unbleached)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp flaxseed oil
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
* Set oven to 450F.
* Whisk together the dry ingredients, and then add oil, cutting with knife until mix is crumbly, then add non-dairy milk
* Put dry ingredients into food processor, mix, then add oil and mix until crumbly, then add non-dairy milk
* Mix until well combined and sticky
* "Flour" board with flaxmeal and turn dough out onto it, using flaxmeal as you would extra dough
* Roll out to 1/4-1/2" thick, then cut out biscuits
* Set on baking sheet and bake 10 mins.
(For Britons/Irish, these are not our sweet biscuits, but somewhere between bread and scones, and are traditionally served with main courses.)
Vgnwtch made, husband approved.