Texas bbq burger with garlic dill spread and chilli rosemary sweet potato fries
Ingredients (for 4)
- Amy's frozen vegan texas burgers (box of 4)
- 4 Potato bread hamburger buns (check label to make sure it's vegan) or your favorite organic hamburger buns
- 4 Butter lettuce leaves
- 2 Hass avacados, sliced
- 4 tbs Veganaise (or any vegan mayo substitute)
- Fresh baby dill, chopped (about 2 tbs worth, loosely packed)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, diced
- Red onions, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
[Sweet potato fries]
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Rosemary (2-3 sprigs)
- about 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce or tamari (I used tamari)
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs Chilli powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
[Sweet potato fries]
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Slice the sweet potatoes width wise, then length wise. Then slice those halves lengthwise again, giving you about 8 fries per sweet potatoe. I personally like them on the thicker side, but you can keep slicing them in half to suit your tastes.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, tamari and chilli powder. Mix well.
- Combine Sweet potato slices with mixture and toss well to coat.
- Place slices skin side down in the roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 8-12 minutes, then turn them and roast for another 8-12 minutes, until they're tender.
- Remove from oven and toss with more salt and rosemary.
- In a bowl, combine veganaise, baby dill and chopped garlic.
- In a skillet, heat oil (or cooking spray) over medium/high heat. Fry the buns face down until slightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Microwave the burgers according to the box directions, add a little more oil/spray if neccessary to the pan. Fry the burgers on each side until dark brown. About 3-4 mins on each side.
- Spread a glop of the garlic-dill mayo on the top of the bun.
- Place a single leaf of butter lettuce on the bottom.
- On top of that, place a patty, slide red onions, tomato and sliced avacados. Top it off. Serve with potatoes and whatever dipping sauce and enjoy.