yields about 10 shells
24 ounces firm tofu, mashed
2 quarts water (to boil shells)
1/4 cup fresh parsely springs, chopped
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
3 1/2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
4 ounces jumbo macaroni shells, cooked
vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
1) In a large bowl, mix the tofu, parsley, onion powder, salt, garlic, and basil.
2) Spread 2 cups of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch pan.
3) Spoon the tofu mixture into the cooked shells, about 1/3 cup per shell, and arrange the shells in the pan.
4) Pour the remaining sauce over the tops of the shells.
5) Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and bake at 359 F for 25 minutes, or untill the tomato sauce is bubbly.
( I used jumbo noodles instead of shells)