1 cup soymilk
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 can lite coconut milk
1 cup chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli double chocolate)
1/4-1/3 slivered or sliced almonds
1. Heat 1 cup of soymilk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once heated, whisk in arrowroot powder, sugar and vanilla. Stir constantly until mixture thickens (about 4 minutes)
2. Add soymilk mixture to coconut milk in a separate bowl or cup, with a spout. Let cool in refridgerator.
3. Pour mixture into ice cream machine once it is chilled. Follow manufactures instructions.
4. Add chocochips and nuts during the last 5 minutes.
5. Put in freezer to firm up.
Personally, I put it in my CuisineArt machine for 35 minutes and it came out great! The only thing I might have changed was using whole chocolate chips, because they're a bit annoying to eat whole when very cold! Maybe crush them up or use smaller bits of chocolate shaved from a bar? Either way, this ice cream is astounding! Very creamy and rich.